Kate Gosselin Slams Jon Gosselin's 'Untrue,' 'Hurtful' Claims About Kids' Developmental Problems
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 18
- Photo: NC1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: TLC/Promotional5 of 18
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin6 of 18
- Photo: CAM GRIFFITH/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: CouponCabin.com/Splash News9 of 18
- Photo: TLC/Promotional10 of 18
- Photo: TLC/Promotional11 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: BIW/Fame Pictures13 of 18
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: StClair/Macpherson/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Macca/Sinky/Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Lisa Wagner/Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Jon and Kate's eight kids are just fine, thank you very much. Shortly after Jon Gosselin told Oprah Winfrey on the Nov. 3 episode of OWN's "Where Are They Now" that his children have had problems "developmentally" because of the family's TLC reality show, his ex-wife, Kate Gosselin, took to her blog to offer a counter-argument.
"I find it very heartbreaking that my children's father chooses a public forum to discuss his current opinions of the 'development' of our children," she wrote on Nov. 4, noting that those opinions are "value judgments" based on "limited" visits with the former couple's eight young kids. (She and Jon share twins Cara and Mady, 13, and 9-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel.)
Kate acknowledged that she risked "stirring up an unwanted public and private 'frenzy' by commenting" on her ex's statements, but said she felt compelled to defend her kids against his claims. (Jon told Winfrey the kids "have problems with their peers, and they have problems with talking to other people,and they have problems with wants and needs and manners and morals and what's right and what's wrong.")
"Because he has spoken negatively about our children, I feel I owe it to them to respond on their behalf," Kate explained. "Each and every one of our children has met and continues to exceed all physical, mental, and emotional developmental milestones throughout their lives. Their normal development is regularly monitored by myself, their pediatrician, and school staff, as is usual within any family."
She went on to note that it is "very normal in a family, especially a large family, to have a full range of personalities, abilities, talents, hobbies, and struggles." Her kids are no different. "However, anyone who has personally met our children all have the same thing to say: They are the most normal, pleasant, polite, loving and well adjusted children they have ever met," she wrote. "Most even go on to say that they are a 'a delight' to be around."
Kate further slammed Jon's statements as "untrue and hurtful" to the kids. She concluded, "If our children ever stumble upon that interview, I want to be able to point them to this statement so that they know that I publicly set the record 100% straight on this one, for their sake."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite