- Photo: Demis Maryannakis / Splash News/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: MSN2 of 6
- Photo: Christopher Peterson / BuzzFoto/FilmMagic3 of 6
- Photo: Marcel Thomas/FilmMagic4 of 6
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Kate Gosselin's latest book isn't exactly flying off the shelves.
Since its April 13 release, "I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family" has sold just 10,084 copies, according to national book sales tracker Bookscan. The non-fiction title debuted at #11 on the New York Times' non fiction bestseller list, and at #103 on USA Today's bestsellers chart. By Thursday afternoon, its Amazon.com rank was #862.
This is in spite of Gosselin's relentless promotion of the tome on TV and radio -- plus her ubiquitous presence on "Dancing with the Stars" prior to her ouster last week.
By contrast, the 35-year-old mom's first two books, "Multiple Blessings and Eight Little Faces," both climbed to number five on the New York Times' list; Multiple Blessings sold 523,000 copies in 2009.
Could "I Just Want You to Know" end up selling 500,000 copies in the long run? Not likely, Milliot tells Us, explaining that the lion's share of book sales typically occur "in the first month or two of publication." He adds that Gosselin will have "a very tough time getting to 50,000, let alone 100,000 ... I think it will be a disappointment in the end."
The book "continues [Kate's] story of faith and family," an Amazon description reads. "Using excerpts and written prayers from her journal, Kate offers an intimate look at the heart of a mother during the three years her family transitioned from obscurity into television fame."
More on Wonderwall:
Video: Kate Gosselin Leaves Sequins for Apron
More on Usmagazine.com:
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite