Kate Middleton's Hair Dresser Cuts & Runs
- Photo: Arthur Edwards/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: AH2/ZJE/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: AP/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Thomas Lekfeldt/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Paul Burns/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Paul Burns/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin/WENN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall12 of 16
- Photo: DC5/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Who is going to help the Duchess if she has a bad hair day?
Kate Middleton, she of the long chestnut locks, has found herself in the center of an epic battle – between hairdressers.
James Pryce, the man responsible for Kate's stunning hair - and her wedding day demi-chignon - has left the salon that Kate, her mother Carole and sister Pippa have been going to for eight years.
Pryce's rise in fame has apparently caused high tension with his boss Richard Ward, the owner of the salon, who wanted to publicize the relationship with Kate leading up to her April 29 wedding while Pryce wanted to be more discreet.
“It grated on Richard because he wanted to know what was going on all the time. The reality was that while James was busy doing hair, Richard was lining up press interviews everywhere,” a source told The Daily Mail.
When Kate and William embarked on their first official royal visit to Canada and the US in the summer, Pryce was one of the very small staff the Duchess brought with her and this apparently exacerbated the tension with Ward.
“Richard didn't want James to go, but in the end he backed down,” the source said and Pryce and Ward are no longer working together.
A spokesman for Ward said, “The Middletons have been clients for many years, long before James Pryce began his employment. Richard hopes the family will continue to come to the salon in years to come.”
Kate Middleton remains on the salon website as a client, but a source said Pryce expects to continue tending her tresses.
“He plans to keep working with the Duchess and has a few plans up his sleeve.”
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite