Kate Middleton's Hair Dresser Cuts & Runs
- Photo: Arthur Edwards/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: AH2/ZJE/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: ROTA © Camera Press / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: AP/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Thomas Lekfeldt/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Paul Burns/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Paul Burns/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin/WENN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall12 of 16
- Photo: DC5/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
Who is going to help the Duchess if she has a bad hair day?
Kate Middleton, she of the long chestnut locks, has found herself in the center of an epic battle – between hairdressers.
James Pryce, the man responsible for Kate's stunning hair - and her wedding day demi-chignon - has left the salon that Kate, her mother Carole and sister Pippa have been going to for eight years.
Pryce's rise in fame has apparently caused high tension with his boss Richard Ward, the owner of the salon, who wanted to publicize the relationship with Kate leading up to her April 29 wedding while Pryce wanted to be more discreet.
“It grated on Richard because he wanted to know what was going on all the time. The reality was that while James was busy doing hair, Richard was lining up press interviews everywhere,” a source told The Daily Mail.
When Kate and William embarked on their first official royal visit to Canada and the US in the summer, Pryce was one of the very small staff the Duchess brought with her and this apparently exacerbated the tension with Ward.
“Richard didn't want James to go, but in the end he backed down,” the source said and Pryce and Ward are no longer working together.
A spokesman for Ward said, “The Middletons have been clients for many years, long before James Pryce began his employment. Richard hopes the family will continue to come to the salon in years to come.”
Kate Middleton remains on the salon website as a client, but a source said Pryce expects to continue tending her tresses.
“He plans to keep working with the Duchess and has a few plans up his sleeve.”
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite