Kathy Griffin: I Wasn't Bullying Bristol Palin With Fat Jokes
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: Splash News2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Chris Brown ready to stop getting in his own wayMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 9:11:30 AM
- Ratings: 'Madam Secretary' Debuts to OK Demo Marks, Strong Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Robin Williams 'Tried to Say Goodbye' During Our Last Phone Call, Says Billy ConnoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 8:43:00 AM
- Giuliani to help fight Noriega's video game suitMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 8:40:52 AM
- 'Forever' Review: There's Nothing Eternal About This ABC DudMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 7:58:00 AM
- Chris Brown ready to stop getting in his own way
After receiving flak for joking that Palin, 20, "gained 30 pounds" and looked like "the white Precious" during VH1's Divas Salute the Troops on Dec. 3, Griffin said the gibes were never meant to come off as malicious.
"I made several scandalous jokes, as I like to do, and I stand by all of them," Griffin, 50, explained on "Chelsea Lately" Thursday. "There's a big difference between being a comedian and bullying. It is a job. It's what we do."
She's not the only funnywoman who feels that way: Show host Chelsea Handler -- who called Angelina Jolie a "homewrecker" during a Newark, N.J., stand-up show over the weekend -- sees nothing wrong with poking fun at people in Hollywood.
"If you take anything any comedian says seriously, then you're stupid and you need to get something else going on," Handler said. "When you act irresponsibly and you run around the world like Lindsay Lohan, you're going to get made fun of by me."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite