Katie Couric: 'I'm Not Gonna Castrate Miley Cyrus, But...'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Adriel Reboh/.10 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
A passionate debate broke out between Whoopi Goldberg and guest host Katie Couric on Wednesday's edition of The View, over whether or not celebs, especially those with younger followings, should be considered role models.
The discussion came in the wake of new pictures showing teen star Miley Cyrus chain-smoking cigarettes.
Couric used Hillary Duff as her example, admitting she'd been a bit concerned, having young children herself at one point, about how their role models could influence their behavior.
Nonsense said Whoopi, who maintained that while she herself is a smoker, she doesn't feel that she's not a good role model for children based on that. Whoopi added that parents who are overly concerned with outside influences should re-focus their efforts towards their own influence with their kin.
Couric then said, "I'm not gonna castrate Miley Cyrus, but …" to which Barbara Walters chimed in, "After this I'm gonna talk to you about sex …"
Couric said she's now working for the ABC news department until her new talk show premieres in September, 2012.
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Ready to Wed
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Kanye and Kim Kardashian, see all the celebs who got engaged this year.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite