Katie Couric: 'I'm Not Gonna Castrate Miley Cyrus, But...'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Adriel Reboh/.10 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
A passionate debate broke out between Whoopi Goldberg and guest host Katie Couric on Wednesday's edition of The View, over whether or not celebs, especially those with younger followings, should be considered role models.
The discussion came in the wake of new pictures showing teen star Miley Cyrus chain-smoking cigarettes.
Couric used Hillary Duff as her example, admitting she'd been a bit concerned, having young children herself at one point, about how their role models could influence their behavior.
Nonsense said Whoopi, who maintained that while she herself is a smoker, she doesn't feel that she's not a good role model for children based on that. Whoopi added that parents who are overly concerned with outside influences should re-focus their efforts towards their own influence with their kin.
Couric then said, "I'm not gonna castrate Miley Cyrus, but …" to which Barbara Walters chimed in, "After this I'm gonna talk to you about sex …"
Couric said she's now working for the ABC news department until her new talk show premieres in September, 2012.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite