Keith Urban Thought Rehab Would 'Destroy' Nicole Kidman MarriageRelated: Nicole Kidman
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP2 of 6
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Hypnotics/starsurf//Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman were still newlyweds --- married for about four months -- when he checked into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction in October of 2006.
Urban, 43, worried that the time away would wreak havoc on their new union.
"Surely let's give it a few years so we've got some solidity, because this kind of thing could tear us apart," the country singer said Monday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." "This could just destroy us."
But it was Kidman herself, plus a few close pals, who staged an intervention for Urban, who was hooked on cocaine and other substances.
"It was really a profound moment in so many ways," the crooner said of the intervention. "The way in which Nic handled that moment was just perfect ... Everything was just designed, I believe, for that moment to fuse us together."
It was, in fact, Urban's third time in rehab in eight years. "I had to make a decision which road I was going to take, once and for all," he said. "I'd been at that crossroads before and always taken the wrong road."
What was different this time?
"Love," he told Oprah Winfrey.
Urban left for rehab the same night as that intervention, he said. "I didn't care about anything else."
He gushed of his wife (and mother to their daughter Sunday Rose, nearly 2): "I look back now and realize Nic has taught me so much and brought so much into my life and opened my eyes in so many ways ... [This is] the best place I've ever been."
Actress Kidman also opened up on "Oprah" about their enduring romance. "I think marriage is about, every day, trying to make it better and working through things and when things are tough, saying, 'I'm going to come to you and talk,'" the "Rabbit Hole" star mused. "We're just very tight, and we stay really tight."
Both Australian, Kidman has really taken to their new life in Nashville, Tenn. "Some people like the much higher sort of more glamorous lifestyle," she said. "For us, we just prefer a much quieter, private [life]."
As for her favorite things to do with Sunday Rose, whom they sometimes call "Sunny"? Sharing her cappuccino foam -- and taking baths.
"I love her little shoulders, you know?" Kidman cooed. "She's in the bath, and I see those tiny little shoulders. Oprah, don't get me started!"
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite