Kelly O on Fashion Critiquing: I Never Like To Call Someone Out, But It's My JobRelated: Celeb Spotlight, Kelly Osbourne
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks1 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks2 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks5 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
By Rebecca Silverstein, with reporting by Paris Hampton
As a correspondent for E!'s red carpet and co-host of "Fashion Police," Kelly Osbourne knows a thing or two about fashion. So it's no surprise that we caught her sitting front and center at Badgley Mischka's show during Fashion Week. Read on as Kelly chats about what it's like to critique other celebs' style, how she decided to go gray and more.
RELATED: See more celebs at Fashion Week
Wonderwall: What brings you to Fashion Week?
Kelly Osbourne: I'm definitely not here as a critic. I'm here as an admirer of all fashion. Just to sit at in the front row at Fashion Week is so much fun.
WW: Is it hard for you to talk about other celebrities' fashion?
KO: I would never say something [about] anybody that I wouldn't say to their face. That is something I live by, or else I'd be a hypocrite. What I do on E!'s red carpet is completely different from what I do on "Fashion Police." I'm not there to try and assassinate anybody.
WW: How do you deal with being mean on "Fashion Police"?
KO: Joan is a comedian, and I want to make sure that we make fun of ourselves. I am not there to make jokes; Joan is.
WW: Have you seen Joan yet?
KO: No. Where is that b----? She said she'd be with me today, and I can't find her anywhere.
WW: Who are you excited to see at the Oscars?
KO: Everybody. That's the whole fun of awards season for me, and it's also the hardest part of my job because I never like to call someone out for looking bad, but it is my job. But it's one of those things where, when someone is on a red carpet and they feel great, if I don't like the dress, that's not what matters. It creates an atmosphere, and it's just amazing. And to be a part of all of that is so much fun for me. I can't even believe it's work!
WW: Who do you think will dress well, and who won't?
KO: You never know. Sometimes people kind of dress down, and then the Oscars hit and they pull out all the stops.
WW: How do you feel in this dress?
KO: I love this dress! I added the sleeves. [Badgley Mischka] sent me three dresses, and I got to pick which ones, which was even more of an honor. I don't like not having a sleeve because then you get that weird thing under your armpit, and it is really not attractive. So I took these sleeves off another dress and sewed them on. I hope they don't get made at me!
WW: You wore Badgley Mischka to the SAG Awards too, right?
KO: When I got into my hotel room, Badgley Mischka had framed a sketch of the dress they made me for the SAG Awards and signed it. I cried and had a full-on fashion moment.
WW: Who are your shoes by?
KO: They're Giuseppe Zanotti. I'm really lacking in the height department, so anything with a platform is good.
WW: Your hair looks great! What inspired you to do this color?
KO: Well, I've done different shades of gray before. But basically, when I was about 12 years old and I first moved to America, my sister had loads of fashion magazines. I would go and sneak into her room and find them. Because I really didn't understand it, I was such a tomboy. But I found this one fashion spread and it was of six supermodels with six [old] ladies, and each model had the same gray rinse as the old lady that sat next to her, and they were all drinking tea. I still have the clipping so my mission is to go through every single one of them. So there are more to come.
WW: What's the next one?
KO: I don't know!
RELATED: 'DWTS' body transformations
WW: How do you stay fit?
KO: It's not dieting, it's life changing. You eat right, you work out, and that is all you have to do. It's long, and it's boring, and it sucks, but that is the only way to do it.
WW: What is the best diet advice you've ever gotten?
KO: Never deprive yourself of anything because then you get angry about it. And that's why I think the fashion world is miserable because they are all bloody hungry.
Get out the vote
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite