Kelly Osbourne working on plus-size clothing line: 'It's happening!'
- Photo: Barcroft Media/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: FS2/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: FCA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:46:00 AM
- 'Reclaim' Review: Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre Are Fooled Twice, and Then SMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Oculus unveils new prototype VR headsetMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:44:54 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &
Designers like Charlotte Ronson, Zac Posen and Jenny Packham will be showcasing their new collections at New York's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week this month, and if Kelly Osbourne has her way, she just may follow suit. Confirming to Fashionista that she was beginning to think about starting her own clothing line in September 2012, Osbourne is now making her dream a reality -- and her garments will fit all shapes and sizes!
"I had one of the most exciting meetings of my life this week -- it pretty much green-lit my clothing line," Osbourne, 28, told attendees at Hollywood's BeautyCon L.A. Summit event on Aug. 24. The best part, according to the "Fashion Police" co-host? She gets full creative control! "When I sat down in this meeting and they said, 'Yes, you have creative control and of course you can do plus size,' I was like, 'It's happening!'"
While Osbourne has yet to take a deep dive into the creative process for her line, the engaged star knows that the garments will reflect her personality -- in some respects. "It still has to be very me -- quirky," she explained, while acknowledging her offbeat style isn't for everyone. "[But] that's me, so I have to [also] have something slightly normal."
Creating her own line is a dream realized for Osbourne, who has famously long struggled with her weight, admitting that she still thinks of herself as an "FFP: Former Fat Person."
"I've always been really into fashion. It's just that my fashion choices at an early age were really odd and they still are. I have grown to understand, as much as I don't like it, that the fashion world doesn't really want to listen to what a little chubby girl has to say," explained Osbourne, who shed 70 pounds since appearing on "Dancing With the Stars" in 2009, with a laugh. "When I lost weight and started to wear the clothes I always wanted to wear but didn't fit into, that's when [my perception within the industry] really started to change. It did give me a bit of a bittersweet feeling towards the fashion world."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite