Kelly Ripa on 17th wedding anniversary: Marriage 'feels like minutes
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: "Live With Kelly"/.11 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
It's been 17 years since Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos eloped in Las Vegas -- and the former soap opera stars are more in love than ever. On Wednesday, May 1, Ripa tweeted that "17 years feels like 17 days," while Consuelos called his wife "my boo."
Later that morning on "Live With Kelly and Michael," the 42-year-old talk show host talked about the significance of her wedding anniversary -- and laughed about May 1 also being National Lei Day. "I have to bring this home and lei Mark because today is our wedding anniversary," Ripa quipped. "It's only fair that he should also get lei'd."
Ripa added that marriage "goes so fast," especially when children are involved. (The pair are parents to Michael, 15, Lola, 11, and Joaquin, 10.)
"I'm sure it must feel like 200 years for him, but for me, it feels like minutes. It feels like I've blinked my eyes and we've been married for 17 years. Really crazy," Ripa said. Holding her extra lei, she added, "I hope that's a good enough present because this is all I've got!"
The spouses had no intention of going over-the-top to fete the occasion, Ripa added. "We'll give each other a nice card and we'll have a nice dinner, but we don't really [celebrate] unless it's a big milestone where we go all out for the big presents and stuff," she explained.
After all these years, 42-year-old Consuelos still has trouble reading his wife's mind. "He will still order me shrimp in a restaurant if I'm meeting him there," Ripa laughed of the "Alpha House" actor. "I don't eat shrimp! I always introduce myself: 'Hi, I'm your wife! We've been married for many years.'"
Later in the day, Ripa tweeted a picture from their 1996 wedding ceremony. "OMG," she wrote in the caption. "Here it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite