Kelly Ripa on 17th wedding anniversary: Marriage 'feels like minutes
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: "Live With Kelly"/.11 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'A Most Wanted Man' Debuts With Eye on OscarMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Hemlock Grove's Most WTF Moment YetMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington to Headline HBO Tennis MockumentaryMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:50:00 AM
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:32:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?
It's been 17 years since Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos eloped in Las Vegas -- and the former soap opera stars are more in love than ever. On Wednesday, May 1, Ripa tweeted that "17 years feels like 17 days," while Consuelos called his wife "my boo."
Later that morning on "Live With Kelly and Michael," the 42-year-old talk show host talked about the significance of her wedding anniversary -- and laughed about May 1 also being National Lei Day. "I have to bring this home and lei Mark because today is our wedding anniversary," Ripa quipped. "It's only fair that he should also get lei'd."
Ripa added that marriage "goes so fast," especially when children are involved. (The pair are parents to Michael, 15, Lola, 11, and Joaquin, 10.)
"I'm sure it must feel like 200 years for him, but for me, it feels like minutes. It feels like I've blinked my eyes and we've been married for 17 years. Really crazy," Ripa said. Holding her extra lei, she added, "I hope that's a good enough present because this is all I've got!"
The spouses had no intention of going over-the-top to fete the occasion, Ripa added. "We'll give each other a nice card and we'll have a nice dinner, but we don't really [celebrate] unless it's a big milestone where we go all out for the big presents and stuff," she explained.
After all these years, 42-year-old Consuelos still has trouble reading his wife's mind. "He will still order me shrimp in a restaurant if I'm meeting him there," Ripa laughed of the "Alpha House" actor. "I don't eat shrimp! I always introduce myself: 'Hi, I'm your wife! We've been married for many years.'"
Later in the day, Ripa tweeted a picture from their 1996 wedding ceremony. "OMG," she wrote in the caption. "Here it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite