Kelly Ripa on 17th wedding anniversary: Marriage 'feels like minutes
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: "Live With Kelly"/.11 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
It's been 17 years since Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos eloped in Las Vegas -- and the former soap opera stars are more in love than ever. On Wednesday, May 1, Ripa tweeted that "17 years feels like 17 days," while Consuelos called his wife "my boo."
Later that morning on "Live With Kelly and Michael," the 42-year-old talk show host talked about the significance of her wedding anniversary -- and laughed about May 1 also being National Lei Day. "I have to bring this home and lei Mark because today is our wedding anniversary," Ripa quipped. "It's only fair that he should also get lei'd."
Ripa added that marriage "goes so fast," especially when children are involved. (The pair are parents to Michael, 15, Lola, 11, and Joaquin, 10.)
"I'm sure it must feel like 200 years for him, but for me, it feels like minutes. It feels like I've blinked my eyes and we've been married for 17 years. Really crazy," Ripa said. Holding her extra lei, she added, "I hope that's a good enough present because this is all I've got!"
The spouses had no intention of going over-the-top to fete the occasion, Ripa added. "We'll give each other a nice card and we'll have a nice dinner, but we don't really [celebrate] unless it's a big milestone where we go all out for the big presents and stuff," she explained.
After all these years, 42-year-old Consuelos still has trouble reading his wife's mind. "He will still order me shrimp in a restaurant if I'm meeting him there," Ripa laughed of the "Alpha House" actor. "I don't eat shrimp! I always introduce myself: 'Hi, I'm your wife! We've been married for many years.'"
Later in the day, Ripa tweeted a picture from their 1996 wedding ceremony. "OMG," she wrote in the caption. "Here it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite