Kelly Ripa on husband Mark Consuelos: 'I worship him'
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: JMF/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 11
- Photo: Ann Limongello/ABC/Promotional4 of 11
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: @kellyripa/Twitter9 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos see themselves as this generation's Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. In the February issue of ELLE, "Live! With Kelly and Michael" host Ripa, 42, opens up about what first attracted her to the "American Horror Story: Asylum" actor, 41.
"I was drawn to Mark because he was positively an alpha male, and I didn't think I would be drawn to that. But I just worship him. He makes me feel very safe," Ripa gushes of the actor, whom she met on the set of "All My Children." "I actually call him Desi, because the thing about Desi was that as much attention as Lucy got, Desi was always in charge."
(The couple, who eloped in Las Vegas on May 1, 1996, are parents to Michael, 15, Lola, 11, and Joaquin, 9. They reside in New York.)
Ripa, who tells the magazine she's "dying to be cool" eve though she feels "really dorky" most days, also cops to getting Botox at least once a year.
"Every seven months or so my eyelid skin rests on my eyelashes," she tells ELLE. "So I feel like it makes my makeup artist's life easier, and it makes my eyes look a little more open on TV, which is where I happen to work right now."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite