Kelly Ripa Opens Up About Husband Mark Consuelos' Stripper Past
- Photo: WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Wright/Good Housekeeping/.6 of 16
- Photo: Jim Wright/Good Housekeeping/.7 of 16
- Photo: Jim Wright/Good Housekeepin/.8 of 16
- Photo: Good Housekeeping/Jim Wright/.9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, and Mark Consuelos is no exception.
The "All My Children" actor's wife, Kelly Ripa, 41, opens up about his stint as an exotic dancer in the new issue of Vanity Fair. "A lot of hot guys in Hollywood have done that," the bubbly blond TV host says. "He was straight out of college, and he went to Notre Dame and finished his degree at the University of South Florida. So, there he was in South Florida, he's gorgeous, looking to break into show business, so he started off as a roadie to a group of these guys, and then they talked him into stripping."
Ripa admits she even owns "an old calendar pinup" of Consuelos, 41.
"He is so unbelievably gorgeous, with a Mexican father and Italian mother born in Spain and raised in Italy," she gushes.
What Ripa loves most about her husband, however, isn't his good looks: It's how much he helps her raise their children Michael, 14, Lola, 10, and Joaquin, 9.
"We are kind of strict. We are a little bit old-school that way," she tells Vanity Fair. "There is only one computer in the entire house for the family to share. The computer is just for homework. They are allowed to TiVo but watch TV only on the weekends. TV during the week interferes with schoolwork. There is too much of that, 'Let me hurry through, slop this out on the page so I can go watch some television.'"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kelly Ripa Opens Up About Husband Mark Consuelos' Stripper Past
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite