Kelsey Grammer: Marriage to Camille Was Self-Imposed Jail Sentence
- Photo: PictureGroup/.1 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: ZO5/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: SWAP / Splash News/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: JM11/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 10
- Photo: A. Miller/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
Kelsey Grammer says he was eager to divorce his longtime wife Camille in 2010 because their marriage had become like a jail sentence for him.
RELATED: Kelsey Grammer Welcomes a Daughter
Grammer wed Camille Donatacci in 1997 and spent 13 years in the marriage until the union began to dissolve in 2010 after Grammer helped land his wife a spot on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," just before heading to New York for a stint on Broadway.
He later left her for his current wife, Kayte Walsh.
The pair's nasty breakup played out on-screen and in the media, and now the actor even refuses to mention his former wife's name.
RELATED: Celeb Couples: Upgrade or Downgrade?
Opening up about their tumultuous relationship during an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter," which aired Sunday, he said, "It's not good, but we have an arrangement with the children ... that I'm fairly happy with. ... I don't want to say a lot of bad things, but some very bad things were said, some threats were made, and some extremely unacceptable behavior took place in front of the children, which makes it impossible for us to pretend we can be civil."
He added, "My only sadness is actually about the kids. They've heard a lot of things, they've been dealing with a lot of things and they're still told a lot of things, on a daily basis, that aren't true."
Grammer confessed the only reason their marriage lasted 13 years was because he was too stubborn to go through with the legal proceedings.
He adds, "I stayed because I was stubborn. ... I was not in it, or happy in it, for a long, long time. It pretty much was over as soon as it began. ... I thought it was kind of a self-imposed sentence, like I had been sentenced to it in a weird way, by myself. Getting out, the promise of something different, didn't exist."
RELATED: Hollywood's Nastiest Custody Battles
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite