Kelsey Grammer: Marriage to Camille Was Self-Imposed Jail Sentence
- Photo: PictureGroup/.1 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: ZO5/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: SWAP / Splash News/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: JM11/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 10
- Photo: A. Miller/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer Made $63.6 Million Last Year Thanks to New DealMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Video: The Bachelorette's Andi and Josh Share the One Moment They Wish Made It on AirMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:18:00 PM
- 'Sin City 2' Ad Rejected by ABC Because Eva Green's Too SexyMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Leaked $100,000 Bryan Singer-Michael Egan Sex Abuse Settlement Could Still Stand, Lawyer SaysMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 2:56:00 PM
- Nick Orders Comedy '100 Things to Do Before High School' From 'Big Time RMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 2:35:00 PM
- Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer Made $63.6 Million Last Year Thanks to New Deal
Kelsey Grammer says he was eager to divorce his longtime wife Camille in 2010 because their marriage had become like a jail sentence for him.
RELATED: Kelsey Grammer Welcomes a Daughter
Grammer wed Camille Donatacci in 1997 and spent 13 years in the marriage until the union began to dissolve in 2010 after Grammer helped land his wife a spot on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," just before heading to New York for a stint on Broadway.
He later left her for his current wife, Kayte Walsh.
The pair's nasty breakup played out on-screen and in the media, and now the actor even refuses to mention his former wife's name.
RELATED: Celeb Couples: Upgrade or Downgrade?
Opening up about their tumultuous relationship during an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter," which aired Sunday, he said, "It's not good, but we have an arrangement with the children ... that I'm fairly happy with. ... I don't want to say a lot of bad things, but some very bad things were said, some threats were made, and some extremely unacceptable behavior took place in front of the children, which makes it impossible for us to pretend we can be civil."
He added, "My only sadness is actually about the kids. They've heard a lot of things, they've been dealing with a lot of things and they're still told a lot of things, on a daily basis, that aren't true."
Grammer confessed the only reason their marriage lasted 13 years was because he was too stubborn to go through with the legal proceedings.
He adds, "I stayed because I was stubborn. ... I was not in it, or happy in it, for a long, long time. It pretty much was over as soon as it began. ... I thought it was kind of a self-imposed sentence, like I had been sentenced to it in a weird way, by myself. Getting out, the promise of something different, didn't exist."
RELATED: Hollywood's Nastiest Custody Battles
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite