Kendra Wilkinson on her body: I actually feel good for once in my life
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: JACSON/Fame Flynet2 of 10
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: JXC/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: JXC/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
By Chris Gardner with reporting by Heather Newgen
Kendra Wilkinson has gotten naked (several times) for Playboy, but you might be surprised to learn that the reality TV star has never been cool with checking herself out in a certain piece of clothing –- until now!
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
"I've never been able to look at myself on TV in a bathing suit, but I'm finally able to do it," gushed Kendra on Thursday night at Us Weekly's Hot Hollywood Style bash. "I've worked my ass off."
The revelation is even more profound considering Kendra recently wrapped up a run on Fox's diving competition series "Splash," which required her to be in a bathing suit in practice and on TV every week.
But Kendra's focus on her body actually kicked into gear following the birth of her son, Hank Jr., in December 2009, with husband Hank Baskett. And while some may call it "hard work," Kendra has another word for what she went through.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
"It was three years of pure war with myself," she said at the event, held at Hollywood's new hot spot, the Emerson Theatre. "I went through the first year of finding out I have the highest level of hyper thyroids you can get. I was running off zero metabolism, so during the second year, the weight started shedding off because I found the answers to my new diet. You just have to find the key to your new diet after you have a baby."
One of the keys to Kendra's diet is nixing cheese and adding nearly a dozen snack breaks to her schedule. "I eat all day," she said. "Like hummus and veggies. I'll snack, like, 10 times throughout the day."
In addition to diet, Kendra detailed the other key to her newfound success -- exercise. "I work out twice a day; I go to yoga, I hike and I go to my husband's gym -- he owns a gym so I have to look good. I don't stop moving."
Speaking of looking good, there was another baby-related issue that Kendra had to deal with. “Little Hank was huge. He gave me the worst stretch marks you could possibly get -- I still have stretch marks,” explained Kendra, who admits that she's finally come to terms with it. "I actually feel good for once in my life."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite