Kerry Washington: I Watch What I Eat, Don't Drink Alcohol
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Heather Newgen/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: POA/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Comedy Central/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
On ABC's hit series 'Scandal," Olivia Pope is perpetually nursing a glass of red wine after a grueling day of tackling clients' problems. But in reality, Kerry Washington says she doesn't drink.
She tells the New York Post, “Who needs those empty calories? I watch what I eat." Washington, who also covers the November Issue of Essence, tells the publication she rarely consumes alcohol -- "I drink maybe twice a year" -- unless she's reunited with her best friends from high school or with girlfriends from her show.
The 36-year-old actress, who stays in shape by doing Pilates, shared with Us Weekly in April as part of her "25 Things" that she also abstains from coffee. Whatever the fresh-faced beauty does in terms of upkeep is working: Washington was named Neutrogena's new creative consultant just last week.
Providing some insight on her otherwise private life (the actress secretly wed NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha in July), Washington says, "I actually live quietly. Work hard. Get bored easily."
She will host "Saturday Night Live" on Nov. 2.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite