Kerry Washington: I Watch What I Eat, Don't Drink Alcohol
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Heather Newgen/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: POA/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Comedy Central/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
On ABC's hit series 'Scandal," Olivia Pope is perpetually nursing a glass of red wine after a grueling day of tackling clients' problems. But in reality, Kerry Washington says she doesn't drink.
She tells the New York Post, “Who needs those empty calories? I watch what I eat." Washington, who also covers the November Issue of Essence, tells the publication she rarely consumes alcohol -- "I drink maybe twice a year" -- unless she's reunited with her best friends from high school or with girlfriends from her show.
The 36-year-old actress, who stays in shape by doing Pilates, shared with Us Weekly in April as part of her "25 Things" that she also abstains from coffee. Whatever the fresh-faced beauty does in terms of upkeep is working: Washington was named Neutrogena's new creative consultant just last week.
Providing some insight on her otherwise private life (the actress secretly wed NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha in July), Washington says, "I actually live quietly. Work hard. Get bored easily."
She will host "Saturday Night Live" on Nov. 2.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite