Kerry Washington: I Watch What I Eat, Don't Drink Alcohol
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Heather Newgen/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: POA/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Comedy Central/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
On ABC's hit series 'Scandal," Olivia Pope is perpetually nursing a glass of red wine after a grueling day of tackling clients' problems. But in reality, Kerry Washington says she doesn't drink.
She tells the New York Post, “Who needs those empty calories? I watch what I eat." Washington, who also covers the November Issue of Essence, tells the publication she rarely consumes alcohol -- "I drink maybe twice a year" -- unless she's reunited with her best friends from high school or with girlfriends from her show.
The 36-year-old actress, who stays in shape by doing Pilates, shared with Us Weekly in April as part of her "25 Things" that she also abstains from coffee. Whatever the fresh-faced beauty does in terms of upkeep is working: Washington was named Neutrogena's new creative consultant just last week.
Providing some insight on her otherwise private life (the actress secretly wed NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha in July), Washington says, "I actually live quietly. Work hard. Get bored easily."
She will host "Saturday Night Live" on Nov. 2.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite