Kerry Washington on keeping her private life private
- Photo: Peggy Sirota/Glamour1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks4 of 12
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Mike Windle/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: MPNC/GSI9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Original Sin' is tense, disturbing thrillerMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 7:04:10 AM
- 13 Fall TV Burning Questions: What's Stephen Colbert Really Like? Can NBC Stay No. 1?MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- 'Original Sin' is tense, disturbing thriller
Kerry Washington proved to be as good with a secret as her "Scandal" character this July when news broke she'd secretly wed San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
And in the October issue of Glamour, Washington opens up about the relationship -- as much as she ever intends to.
"I'm walking around in the world with my ring. And when people say congratulations, I say thank you. But I'm going to continue to not talk about it and just let it unfold," the Emmy-nominee says. "I don't want to sound smug about it, but the point is to do what's best for me. I have girlfriends in this business who talk about their personal lives, and it works for them, and I love it. But not for me."
On keeping her private life private, she adds, "I learned through experience that it doesn't work for me to talk about my personal life. I've had earlier times in my career when I did talk about it. I was on the cover of a bridal magazine. But I couldn't just turn around and say, 'I only want to talk about the good stuff, but not the bad stuff.' So I just thought, 'OK, no more.'"
MORE FROM GLAMOUR:
Get out the vote
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Violation
From Crowd Ignite