Kerry Washington on keeping her private life private
- Photo: Peggy Sirota/Glamour1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks4 of 12
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Mike Windle/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: MPNC/GSI9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Kerry Washington proved to be as good with a secret as her "Scandal" character this July when news broke she'd secretly wed San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
And in the October issue of Glamour, Washington opens up about the relationship -- as much as she ever intends to.
"I'm walking around in the world with my ring. And when people say congratulations, I say thank you. But I'm going to continue to not talk about it and just let it unfold," the Emmy-nominee says. "I don't want to sound smug about it, but the point is to do what's best for me. I have girlfriends in this business who talk about their personal lives, and it works for them, and I love it. But not for me."
On keeping her private life private, she adds, "I learned through experience that it doesn't work for me to talk about my personal life. I've had earlier times in my career when I did talk about it. I was on the cover of a bridal magazine. But I couldn't just turn around and say, 'I only want to talk about the good stuff, but not the bad stuff.' So I just thought, 'OK, no more.'"
MORE FROM GLAMOUR:
Get out the vote
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite