Khloe Kardashian: I Feel 'Massive' Next to Kim, Kourtney
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Jacob Andrzejczak/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
It's not easy being the largest Kardashian sister.
In the new issue of Us Weekly, out Wednesday, Khloe Kardashian, 26, admits that red-carpet events with older sibs Kim and Kourtney can take their toll on her self-esteem.
"They are 5-foot and 5-foot-2, so I look massive next to them," says Khloe, who is 5-foot-10. "Everyone expects me to be 9 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds [when they meet me]."
Khloe -- whose mom, Kris Jenner, even criticized her weight in a recent episode of "Khloe and Lamar" -- has "struggled with her weight since she was 8 years old," a family friend tells Us. "She was always taller and developed much broader shoulders than her petite sisters."
And the E! reality star, happily married to basketball star Lamar Odom for over a year, says she first gained weight following Kris' divorce from her now-deceased father, famed O.J. Simpson trial attorney Robert Kardashian Sr.
"My brother [Rob] and I were always heavy. They gave us food to keep us comforted. All we did was eat crap," she recalls.
Classmates and even her mom's friends noticed that Khloe's older sisters Kim, 30, and Kourtney, 32, stayed skinny despite the family turmoil. "I had older women tell me, 'You should really work out,'" she explains. "It really got to me."
Her initial response? A teenage Khloe hit the gym, working out three times a day and eating tiny meals. She went from a size 12 to 0.
"I started to get a positive response from people when I was losing weight," she admits.
For more of Khloe's revealing, emotional sit-down with Us -- her scary wakeup call at age 15, her "embarrassing" breakdown on the show, what Kim and Kourtney have to say, and more -- pick up the new Us Weekly, out now!
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite