Khloe Kardashian: Why It's OK for My Mom to Tell Me I'm 'Too Fat'
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 12
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: PMK/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 12
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: KhloeKardashian.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
There's only one person who's allowed to criticize Khloe Kardashian for gaining a few pounds: her mom and manager Kris Jenner, 56.
Kardashian, 27, appears on the May issue of Cosmopolitan, where she defends her mother for addressing her weight gain on national TV.
"Listen, my mom believes in us more than we believe in ourselves. But she is also our manager and trying to protect our brand," Kardashian tells the magazine. "She'll say, 'Oh, you're a little too fat right now.' If she were just my manager, I'd have fired her right then. You can't talk to me like that."
In May 2011, Jenner explained her on-air weight scrutiny, telling Us Weekly: "Although I think Khloe looks amazing just the way she is, I feel everyone needs a little motivation from time to time. I think I was just way too critical in the moment. I feel terrible that I made her feel bad about herself! I would never intentionally hurt her feelings."
Kardashian, a 5-foot-10 QuickTrim spokeswoman, doesn't mind being seen as the "curvy" sister, thanks to her NBA player hubby Lamar Odom, 32.
"Lamar tells me he loves my body and I'm beautiful, multiple times a day," she told Us in 2011. "I've never had that before: someone saying, 'Without makeup, without clothes, you're stunning.' He loves my body and loves that womanly shape."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite