Khloe Kardashian: Why It's OK for My Mom to Tell Me I'm 'Too Fat'
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 12
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: PMK/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 12
- Photo: LM Otero/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: KhloeKardashian.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Gets a Bloody Poster and Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:00 AM
- Fitz and The Tantrums headline US Open ceremonyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:40:31 AM
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew ReactsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:26:00 AM
- Allison Williams to Play Peter Pan in NBC's Live ProductionMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:23:00 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from book
There's only one person who's allowed to criticize Khloe Kardashian for gaining a few pounds: her mom and manager Kris Jenner, 56.
Kardashian, 27, appears on the May issue of Cosmopolitan, where she defends her mother for addressing her weight gain on national TV.
"Listen, my mom believes in us more than we believe in ourselves. But she is also our manager and trying to protect our brand," Kardashian tells the magazine. "She'll say, 'Oh, you're a little too fat right now.' If she were just my manager, I'd have fired her right then. You can't talk to me like that."
In May 2011, Jenner explained her on-air weight scrutiny, telling Us Weekly: "Although I think Khloe looks amazing just the way she is, I feel everyone needs a little motivation from time to time. I think I was just way too critical in the moment. I feel terrible that I made her feel bad about herself! I would never intentionally hurt her feelings."
Kardashian, a 5-foot-10 QuickTrim spokeswoman, doesn't mind being seen as the "curvy" sister, thanks to her NBA player hubby Lamar Odom, 32.
"Lamar tells me he loves my body and I'm beautiful, multiple times a day," she told Us in 2011. "I've never had that before: someone saying, 'Without makeup, without clothes, you're stunning.' He loves my body and loves that womanly shape."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite