Kim and Khloe Kardashian: Our Dad Turned Us Into "The Biggest Trannies"
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks3 of 15
- Photo: Alaric Lambert/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin5 of 15
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks6 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: AB1/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Tom Meinelt/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
The Kardashian sisters aren't exactly known for their subtlety -- especially when it comes to their heavy makeup.
In an interview with xoJane.com, Kim, 30, says her late father, Robert Kardashian, once hired a professional makeup artist to give them beauty tips.
"He said, 'My daughters are going to start to wear makeup and I want you guys to look at least presentable,' which I thought was really cool," Kim recalls. "And we've turned out to be the biggest trannies because of it."
Unfortunately, not everyone has been on board with the Kardashian sisters' decision to pile on cosmetics.
"We had publicists and people who would tell us, 'Girls, tone it down. Stop wearing all the makeup,'" Kim admits. "But then we would read on our blogs -- like in the comments and everything -- and everyone was like, 'What lipstick is this, what mascara do you use?' We were like, 'We love makeup, so why try and be what we're not?'"
Khloe, 27, doesn't mind the criticism about her glam look.
"We joke and say we are like trannies because we love hair and makeup."
Though they aren't afraid to go au natural, the sisters prefer to be done up when possible.
"I don't think we necessarily need makeup, but we love it," Khloe explains. "But Kim definitely, if you take off what's on her face, her face is the exact same. She doesn't need it. It's just like a mind thing to her."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite