Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in middle of airport security drama
- Photo: MAP/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG2 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI6 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 11
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
A New York City airport security guard is under investigation after allegedly giving Kanye West and Kim Kardashian special treatment.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
West and his pregnant reality star girlfriend had just landed at the John F. Kennedy International Airport on a flight from Brazil on Tuesday when they were whisked away by an airline greeter.
The employee reportedly let the couple bypass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint to get to another gate quicker, but the stars were later yanked off their connecting flight due to the safety breach and re-screened.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
And now the agent is being investigated by the TSA over the alleged violation.
A representative tells TMZ, "An airline employee escorted the two travellers through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight. In doing so, the airline employee violated security protocols by permitting the travelers to by-pass the TSA security checkpoint.
"TSA officials learned of the violation and conducted a private screening of the two passengers in the area of the jetway. The passengers were cleared to board their flight, which departed after a delay of approximately 50 minutes. TSA is actively investigating the incident."
An American Airlines rep says the company is taking responsibility for the incident, according to TMZ. "This was a lapse in judgment by one of our employees," the rep said.
AA adds, "We're working closely with the TSA and speaking to the individuals involved to better understand what happened."
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite