Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in middle of airport security drama
- Photo: MAP/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG2 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI6 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 11
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls Ends
A New York City airport security guard is under investigation after allegedly giving Kanye West and Kim Kardashian special treatment.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
West and his pregnant reality star girlfriend had just landed at the John F. Kennedy International Airport on a flight from Brazil on Tuesday when they were whisked away by an airline greeter.
The employee reportedly let the couple bypass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint to get to another gate quicker, but the stars were later yanked off their connecting flight due to the safety breach and re-screened.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
And now the agent is being investigated by the TSA over the alleged violation.
A representative tells TMZ, "An airline employee escorted the two travellers through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight. In doing so, the airline employee violated security protocols by permitting the travelers to by-pass the TSA security checkpoint.
"TSA officials learned of the violation and conducted a private screening of the two passengers in the area of the jetway. The passengers were cleared to board their flight, which departed after a delay of approximately 50 minutes. TSA is actively investigating the incident."
An American Airlines rep says the company is taking responsibility for the incident, according to TMZ. "This was a lapse in judgment by one of our employees," the rep said.
AA adds, "We're working closely with the TSA and speaking to the individuals involved to better understand what happened."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite