Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in middle of airport security drama
- Photo: MAP/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG2 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI6 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 11
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet9 of 11
- Photo: Dean, Bryan/NPG10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Contestant Lolo Jones 'Embarrassed,' &aMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:58:00 AM
- QUIZ: Which Sean Bean Character Said It?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Maria Menounos Talks Return to Her Journalistic Roots: 'Untold' Is Like Pop CulturMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:43:00 AM
- MTV and Logo TV to Air 'Laverne Cox: The T Word' DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:36:00 AM
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?
A New York City airport security guard is under investigation after allegedly giving Kanye West and Kim Kardashian special treatment.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
West and his pregnant reality star girlfriend had just landed at the John F. Kennedy International Airport on a flight from Brazil on Tuesday when they were whisked away by an airline greeter.
The employee reportedly let the couple bypass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint to get to another gate quicker, but the stars were later yanked off their connecting flight due to the safety breach and re-screened.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
And now the agent is being investigated by the TSA over the alleged violation.
A representative tells TMZ, "An airline employee escorted the two travellers through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight. In doing so, the airline employee violated security protocols by permitting the travelers to by-pass the TSA security checkpoint.
"TSA officials learned of the violation and conducted a private screening of the two passengers in the area of the jetway. The passengers were cleared to board their flight, which departed after a delay of approximately 50 minutes. TSA is actively investigating the incident."
An American Airlines rep says the company is taking responsibility for the incident, according to TMZ. "This was a lapse in judgment by one of our employees," the rep said.
AA adds, "We're working closely with the TSA and speaking to the individuals involved to better understand what happened."
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite