Kim Kardashian blasts Katie Couric's gift to North West: 'I hate fake media friends'
- Photo: NPG1 of 11
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Clint Brewer / Splash News/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Kim Kardashian is not accepting Katie Couric's gift for baby North West. On Friday, Aug. 16, the 32-year-old new mom revealed her displeasure with the veteran journalist by sharing on Instagram the Barney's New York purchase and personal note the TV personality sent.
"#IHateFakeMediaFriends," the reality star wrote. She added, "#MayIHumblySuggestYouNotSendGiftsThenTalkS---."
The "Katie" host sent what looks to be pajamas for the little one, born in June. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian's outburst may have something to do with Couric's recent comments about the reality TV family. In mid-August, the host was quoted as saying she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In contrast, Couric, 56, interviewed Kardashian for Glamour in 2011 and was "pleasantly surprised" by the star. "A few years ago you might have heard Kim Kardashian's name and said, 'Who?' That was then. Now her name rolls off our tongue (she was 2010's most searched term on Bing, after all)," the veteran journalist wrote. "She's become a one-woman phenomenon and an industry. Everyone wants to keep up with this Kardashian."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite