Kim Kardashian Files for DivorceRelated: Hot Gossip, Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 10
By Kat Giantis
That sound you hear? It's the institution of marriage banging its head against the wall and asking for mercy. A little more than two months after tying the knot in a ridiculously ostentatious, E!-sponsored ceremony, Kim Kardashian is giving Kris Humphries the heave-ho.
"After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage," she said in a statement to E! News. "I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best."
Kim has retained go-to celebrity divorce attorney Laura Wasser to get her out of the 72-day-old marriage (and presumably enforce the ironclad prenup). In the divorce docs, she requests that no spousal support be awarded to the NBA player.
The date of separation is listed as Oct. 31, 2011.
The filing supposedly took Humphries by surprise, and he's not yet ready to pull the plug.
"I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce," he said in a statement. "I'm committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it work."
The reality starlet, whose first union to music producer Damon Thomas also ended in divorce, flew solo at a Halloween bash on Saturday, and last week she admitted to People that married life hasn't been "ideal."
"She wanted the fairy tale," a Kardashian konfidante tells the mag, "and she got caught up in it all."
So, what went wrong? Click on for details ...
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite