Kim Kardashian on Katie Couric slam: I'm tired of people "publicly bashing" me
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.5 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com8 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- American Idol's Emily Piriz: The Judges "Have Been a Little Harder On Us This YearMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Oprah's Harpo Films to Adapt Book Club Selection 'The Invention of Wings'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:53:00 AM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising Drive
Kim Kardashian's claws are out! The reality star and new mom to 2-month-old daughter North West put veteran journalist Katie Couric on blast on Friday, because, a source tells Us Weekly, she's simply had enough.
"Kim is so tired of people publicly bashing her yet kissing her ass behind closed doors," the source says. The reality star's younger sister Khloe Kardashian tweeted her support shortly afterward: "God I love this new side of u!"
On Friday, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star shared a photo on her Instagram of a tiny pair of pajamas -- presumably for North -- along with a note from Couric. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian, 32, mocked Couric's gift and note, responding with a series of hashtags: "Hate Fake Media Friends" and "May I Humbly Suggest You Not Send Gifts Then Talk Sh-t."
Kardashian's sudden outburst presumably stems from recent remarks that Couric made about the reality TV family. In the interview, the talk show host commented that she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In response to Kardashian's bold social media slam, however, Couric insists that she meant no harm.
"I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person," Couric said in a statement to Us. "I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite