Kim Kardashian on Katie Couric slam: I'm tired of people "publicly bashing" me
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.5 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com8 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Kim Kardashian's claws are out! The reality star and new mom to 2-month-old daughter North West put veteran journalist Katie Couric on blast on Friday, because, a source tells Us Weekly, she's simply had enough.
"Kim is so tired of people publicly bashing her yet kissing her ass behind closed doors," the source says. The reality star's younger sister Khloe Kardashian tweeted her support shortly afterward: "God I love this new side of u!"
On Friday, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star shared a photo on her Instagram of a tiny pair of pajamas -- presumably for North -- along with a note from Couric. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian, 32, mocked Couric's gift and note, responding with a series of hashtags: "Hate Fake Media Friends" and "May I Humbly Suggest You Not Send Gifts Then Talk Sh-t."
Kardashian's sudden outburst presumably stems from recent remarks that Couric made about the reality TV family. In the interview, the talk show host commented that she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In response to Kardashian's bold social media slam, however, Couric insists that she meant no harm.
"I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person," Couric said in a statement to Us. "I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite