Kim Kardashian on Katie Couric slam: I'm tired of people "publicly bashing" me
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.5 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com8 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Kim Kardashian's claws are out! The reality star and new mom to 2-month-old daughter North West put veteran journalist Katie Couric on blast on Friday, because, a source tells Us Weekly, she's simply had enough.
"Kim is so tired of people publicly bashing her yet kissing her ass behind closed doors," the source says. The reality star's younger sister Khloe Kardashian tweeted her support shortly afterward: "God I love this new side of u!"
On Friday, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star shared a photo on her Instagram of a tiny pair of pajamas -- presumably for North -- along with a note from Couric. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian, 32, mocked Couric's gift and note, responding with a series of hashtags: "Hate Fake Media Friends" and "May I Humbly Suggest You Not Send Gifts Then Talk Sh-t."
Kardashian's sudden outburst presumably stems from recent remarks that Couric made about the reality TV family. In the interview, the talk show host commented that she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In response to Kardashian's bold social media slam, however, Couric insists that she meant no harm.
"I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person," Couric said in a statement to Us. "I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite