Kim Kardashian on Katie Couric slam: I'm tired of people "publicly bashing" me
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.5 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com8 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- '12 Years a Slave' Dominates Boston Online Critics AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:37:11 AM
- 'Ellen' Actress Kate Williamson DeadMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:34:46 AM
- Harry's South Pole race curtailed; trek goes onMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 9:51:42 AM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season opener
Kim Kardashian's claws are out! The reality star and new mom to 2-month-old daughter North West put veteran journalist Katie Couric on blast on Friday, because, a source tells Us Weekly, she's simply had enough.
"Kim is so tired of people publicly bashing her yet kissing her ass behind closed doors," the source says. The reality star's younger sister Khloe Kardashian tweeted her support shortly afterward: "God I love this new side of u!"
On Friday, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star shared a photo on her Instagram of a tiny pair of pajamas -- presumably for North -- along with a note from Couric. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian, 32, mocked Couric's gift and note, responding with a series of hashtags: "Hate Fake Media Friends" and "May I Humbly Suggest You Not Send Gifts Then Talk Sh-t."
Kardashian's sudden outburst presumably stems from recent remarks that Couric made about the reality TV family. In the interview, the talk show host commented that she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In response to Kardashian's bold social media slam, however, Couric insists that she meant no harm.
"I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person," Couric said in a statement to Us. "I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite