Kim Kardashian Opens Up About Her Shocking Split
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: JE1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 17
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: DHJ/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Jeffrey Donovan, Matthew Fox to Star in Post-Apocalyptic Horror Movie 'Welcome to Harmony&aMSNEntertainment 12/20/2013 4:15:18 PM
- 'Now with Alex Wagner' Takes Martin Bashir's MSNBC TimeslotMSNEntertainment 12/20/2013 4:12:46 PM
- Alonso Duralde Picks 10 Worst Movies of the YearMSNEntertainment 12/20/2013 3:53:38 PM
- Kimberly Elise to Star in TV Movie 'Apple Mortgage Cake'MSNEntertainment 12/20/2013 3:19:14 PM
- Ned Vizzini, 'Funny Thing' and 'Believe' Writer, Dies at 32MSNEntertainment 12/20/2013 3:14:32 PM
- Jeffrey Donovan, Matthew Fox to Star in Post-Apocalyptic Horror Movie 'Welcome to Harmony&a
By Chris Gardner
Kim Kardashian's blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to basketballer Kris Humphries shouldn't have been a marriage at all. At least, not according to Kim.
One day after announcing that she was filing for divorce after 72 days of marriage, Kim unveiled an emotional statement to her fans via her official website. In response to what she calls "negative" media reports attacking her for an allegedly fake marriage, Kim writes that it wasn't publicity she was after -- it was a fairy tale ending.
"I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon," wrote the reality star, who is allegedly tending to a broken heart. "I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people."
Not only did Kim bare her soul about her search for true love with Kris and the rapid collapse of their relationship, but she also took the opportunity to shoot down the much-publicized rumors that she profited from her lavish nuptials to the tune of $15 million.
"These reports are simply not true," wrote Kim, adding that she is grateful to everyone who took the time to come to her wedding and that she will be donating the money from all the gifts to Dream Foundation, a national wish-granting organization for adults facing terminal illness.
The self-described "hopeless romantic" also apologizes to anyone she has hurt with the news of the impending divorce, though she defends her actions by citing the influence of her late father. “I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart," she writes. "I believe now that I really am."
RELATED: Kim files for divorce
One person she didn't apologize to? Kris Humphries.
From Mariah Carey to Jessica Biel, see some of Hollywood's wackiest Christmas trees on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sarah Hyland and more stars share adorable photos of their pets in the holiday spirit on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Amanda Bynes post-rehab on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot in 2013?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite