Kim Kardashian Opens Up About Her Shocking Split
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: JE1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 17
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: DHJ/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to Mond
By Chris Gardner
Kim Kardashian's blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to basketballer Kris Humphries shouldn't have been a marriage at all. At least, not according to Kim.
One day after announcing that she was filing for divorce after 72 days of marriage, Kim unveiled an emotional statement to her fans via her official website. In response to what she calls "negative" media reports attacking her for an allegedly fake marriage, Kim writes that it wasn't publicity she was after -- it was a fairy tale ending.
"I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon," wrote the reality star, who is allegedly tending to a broken heart. "I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people."
Not only did Kim bare her soul about her search for true love with Kris and the rapid collapse of their relationship, but she also took the opportunity to shoot down the much-publicized rumors that she profited from her lavish nuptials to the tune of $15 million.
"These reports are simply not true," wrote Kim, adding that she is grateful to everyone who took the time to come to her wedding and that she will be donating the money from all the gifts to Dream Foundation, a national wish-granting organization for adults facing terminal illness.
The self-described "hopeless romantic" also apologizes to anyone she has hurt with the news of the impending divorce, though she defends her actions by citing the influence of her late father. “I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart," she writes. "I believe now that I really am."
RELATED: Kim files for divorce
One person she didn't apologize to? Kris Humphries.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite