Kim Kardashian Opens Up About Her Shocking Split
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: JE1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 17
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: DHJ/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Simon/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating
By Chris Gardner
Kim Kardashian's blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to basketballer Kris Humphries shouldn't have been a marriage at all. At least, not according to Kim.
One day after announcing that she was filing for divorce after 72 days of marriage, Kim unveiled an emotional statement to her fans via her official website. In response to what she calls "negative" media reports attacking her for an allegedly fake marriage, Kim writes that it wasn't publicity she was after -- it was a fairy tale ending.
"I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon," wrote the reality star, who is allegedly tending to a broken heart. "I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people."
Not only did Kim bare her soul about her search for true love with Kris and the rapid collapse of their relationship, but she also took the opportunity to shoot down the much-publicized rumors that she profited from her lavish nuptials to the tune of $15 million.
"These reports are simply not true," wrote Kim, adding that she is grateful to everyone who took the time to come to her wedding and that she will be donating the money from all the gifts to Dream Foundation, a national wish-granting organization for adults facing terminal illness.
The self-described "hopeless romantic" also apologizes to anyone she has hurt with the news of the impending divorce, though she defends her actions by citing the influence of her late father. “I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart," she writes. "I believe now that I really am."
RELATED: Kim files for divorce
One person she didn't apologize to? Kris Humphries.
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite