Kim Kardashian Reveals Fears of Raising Daughter in a World Where Racism is 'Still Alive'
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 20
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 20
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks9 of 20
- Photo: RPE/ZOJ/WENN10 of 20
- Photo: Alex Yenni/Instagram11 of 20
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet12 of 20
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: FCA/ZOJ/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: khloekardashian/Instagram16 of 20
- Photo: khloekardashian/Instagram17 of 20
- Photo: kimkardashian/Instagram18 of 20
- Photo: MAP/Splash News19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 10:56:00 AM
- Chelsea Handler's Dog Is a Lion King in Teaser for Netflix Comedy Special (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:43:00 AM
- Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax's 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:32:00 AM
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers — See How Scorpion and Forever DidMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:26:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:09 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:09:53 AM
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. Distribution
Kim Kardashian had a lot to get off her chest on Wednesday, May 7.
First, the reality star took to her Twitter to dispel wedding rumors, stating she and Kanye West are not yet married. Then, the 30-year-old posted to her personal blog her feelings about raising a mixed-race child in a world where she feels "racism" and "discrimination" are "still alive."
Kardashian started off her blog post admitting she "never knew how much being a mom would change" her and how having her daughter, North West, has enabled her to "get to see the world for the first time again, but through someone else’s eyes." One issue the new mom's been able to see new specifically being racism and discrimination.
"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought," she wrote. "It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else’s battle. But recently, I’ve read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."
Kardashian, who is set to marry West on May 24 in Paris, went on to say: "I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don’t have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation. I want my daughter growing up in a world where love for one another is the most important thing."
The mom to West, 11 months, continued by revealing she's going to take action.
"So the first step I’m taking is to stop pretending like this isn’t my issue or my problem, because it is, it’s everyone's … Because the California teenager who was harassed and killed by his classmates for being gay, the teenage blogger in Pakistan who was shot on her school bus for speaking out in favor of women’s rights, the boy in Florida who was wrongly accused of committing a crime and ultimately killed because of the color of his skin, they are all someone’s son and someone’s daughter and it is our responsibility to give them a voice and speak out for those who can’t and hopefully in the process, ensure that hate is something our children never have to see."
Tell Us: What do you think of Kim's blog post?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite