Kim Kardashian Settles With Publicist Jonathan Jaxson, Receives Public Apology
- Photo: John Salangsang | LEP/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: TC/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: @KimKardashian/Twitter9 of 14
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks10 of 14
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Justice worked in Kim Kardashian's favor Tuesday.
Shortly after Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries in October 2011, publicist Jonathan Jaxson became a talking head on various news programs, where he claimed to be her employee from 2007 to 2009. He also alleged that the couple's 72-day marriage was "staged" for the cameras.
On Wednesday, the 31-year-old E! star's lawyers issued a statement to Us Weekly, saying: "Kim Kardashian is very happy to announce that she has reached a settlement of her claims against Jonathan Jaxson. ... Kim is extremely pleased with the outcome of the matter."
As part of the settlement, Jaxson issued a public apology on his official website. "I wanted to apologize publicly to Kim Kardashian for any confusion that I may have caused by the personal statements I made recently regarding Kim Kardashian," Jaxson wrote. "I would like to further clarify that I did not have any firsthand knowledge of Kim's relationship with Kris."
"Any statement I made regarding Kim and her marriage was my opinion only and was not intended to imply firsthand knowledge of Kim's thoughts and feelings."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite