Kim Kardashian's OJ Simpson Ties Resurface Amid Casey Anthony Talk
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: AMI/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Celebuzz/.11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Reimschuessel / Splash News/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
A girl's entitled to her opinion!
Kim Kardashian is one of many celebrities who weighed in on Casey Anthony's not-guilty verdict, but the reality star's family ties to another high-profile case caused many critics to discount her opinion.
In 1995, Kim's father, Robert Kardashian, served as one of O.J. Simpson's defense lawyers. The two men first met in the early 1970s and became close friends. When Simpson, now 63, was tried for murdering his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman, Robert Kardashian reactivated his license to practice law to aid in Simpson's defense.
Simpson also stayed in the Kardashian house in the days following the murders. At the time, Kim was 13 years old. Simpson was found not guilty, but in 2008 he was sent to prison for robbery, kidnapping and conspiracy.
Kim, 30, tweeted that she was "speechless" when Anthony, 25, was acquitted of murder and manslaughter charges on Tuesday. Critics were quick to drum up similarities between Anthony's verdict and Simpson's 16 years ago. "It's like when your dad helped get O.J. off," one critic snapped.
But Kim wasn't going to be silenced because of her close family ties to another murder case. "Reading the comments here and it's nuts people think just because I was close to the OJ trial I can't have my own opinion on the Casey Anthony case?" she wrote.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite