Kim Richards: I'm Trying to Reconnect With My Kids After Rehab
- Photo: @KimRichards11/Twitter1 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Lakota / Splash News/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional8 of 11
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Kim Richards has come a long way since leaving rehab in January.
The "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, 47, sought treatment for alcoholism in early December. It was the self-admitted alcoholic's third stint in rehab.
"I'm getting reconnected with my kids, and that's been a huge thing for me. It's not what I expected when I came home. I was like, 'Hey! I'm home! Let's all get back exactly where we were!' And they were like, 'Ummm, life is a little different now,'" Richards told Us Weekly at the 19th Annual Race to Erase MS gala in Century City, Calif., on Friday. "So it was like a little bit of a challenge when I got home, which I didn't expect."
The single star -- mom to Brooke, 25, Whitney, 21, Chad, 20, and Kimberly, 16 -- added that she's slowly getting back to the happy-go-lucky person she used to be.
"We're getting reestablished in our relationships, and it's really rewarding," Richards told Us. "It's been a little bit of a hurdle, but it's definitely challenging and exciting, and really better than it's been in I don't know how long."
Meanwhile, Richards' co-star Camille Grammer, 43, assured Us she will be "popping up here and there" during Season 3 of the Bravo hit. "I'll be making guest appearances."
"I went through fighting with the girls, I went through bonding with the girls -- I feel like they're my big dysfunctional family," Grammer said. "I enjoyed being with them. We've all been through so much. I've been through so much in my personal life, and they've been there, riding this wave with me."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite