Kim Richards' Rehab Stay Is "a Step in the Right Direction," Says Adrienne Maloof
- Photo: DT2/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: WENN3 of 10
- Photo: DT2/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
Kim Richards is finally getting the help many believe she so desperately needs.
Several insiders tell Us Weekly that the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, 47, has checked into an undisclosed rehab facility; Entertainment Tonight first reported the news of Kim's treatment.
Though Bravo declined to comment, Kim's co-star Adrienne Maloof tells Us Weekly: "I wish her well. It's a step in the right direction."
Maloof isn't the only one rooting for the former child star, who briefly sought treatment in mid-2010 after her sister Kyle, 42, called her an "alcoholic" on national television.
"Kyle is doing okay. Even though Kathy [Hilton] is not on the show, I know that they are close," a source tells Us of the tight-knit sisters. "It must be very difficult for Kyle and Kathy and their families."
Adds a second insider: "The only way Kim is going to be able to move on and enjoy her life is to free herself of these demons."
During Season 2 of the Bravo series, Kim's erratic behavior caused co-star Brandi Glanville to accuse her of being "wasted out of her f------ mind" during game night at Dana Wilkey's house.
Maloof's husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, attributed Kim's slurred speech to a bad combination of prescription pills: Lexapro (anti-anxiety), Trazadone (antidepressant) and Topamax (an anti-seizure medication that can also be used to treat alcoholism).
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite