Kim Richards' Rehab Stay Is "a Step in the Right Direction," Says Adrienne Maloof
- Photo: DT2/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: WENN3 of 10
- Photo: DT2/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Kim Richards is finally getting the help many believe she so desperately needs.
Several insiders tell Us Weekly that the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, 47, has checked into an undisclosed rehab facility; Entertainment Tonight first reported the news of Kim's treatment.
Though Bravo declined to comment, Kim's co-star Adrienne Maloof tells Us Weekly: "I wish her well. It's a step in the right direction."
Maloof isn't the only one rooting for the former child star, who briefly sought treatment in mid-2010 after her sister Kyle, 42, called her an "alcoholic" on national television.
"Kyle is doing okay. Even though Kathy [Hilton] is not on the show, I know that they are close," a source tells Us of the tight-knit sisters. "It must be very difficult for Kyle and Kathy and their families."
Adds a second insider: "The only way Kim is going to be able to move on and enjoy her life is to free herself of these demons."
During Season 2 of the Bravo series, Kim's erratic behavior caused co-star Brandi Glanville to accuse her of being "wasted out of her f------ mind" during game night at Dana Wilkey's house.
Maloof's husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, attributed Kim's slurred speech to a bad combination of prescription pills: Lexapro (anti-anxiety), Trazadone (antidepressant) and Topamax (an anti-seizure medication that can also be used to treat alcoholism).
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite