Kimora Lee Simmons opens up about Djimon Hounsou split, co-parenting with Russell Simmons
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: DS7/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: GBF/ZOJ/KPX/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 13
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Roshan Perera/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Mark Davis/Hope for Haiti Now/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Kimora Lee Simmons is focused on her family, not her love life. Four months after the reality star and actor Djimon Hounsou announced their separation, the 37-year-old mother of three spoke candidly to the U.K.'s Daily Mail about her single status and her new family dynamic.
"Relationships do change throughout the course of your life, and I always think in terms of relationships changing and evolving rather than starting and stopping," says the star, who was wed to Def Jam co-founder Russell Simmons from 1998 to 2009. (The amicable exes are parents to daughters Ming, 13, and Aoki, 10.)
Kimora continued, "Kids never go away from your life, and if you've been married, that person probably never goes away either. You never get rid of anyone and they never really get rid of you!"
The "Fabulosity: What It Is and How to Get It" author admitted it's not always easy staying on good terms with her exes, but added, "I try to do everything from the viewpoint of what's best for my kids. I have three kids and two great dads and it's not always easy, but you have to try to be a little selfless and we manage just fine." (Kimora and Hounsou, 48, are parents to son Kenzo, 3.)
Though the former Baby Phat creative director was recently romantically linked to heavyweight boxer Malik "King" Scott, Kimora insists she's been single since splitting with the "Blood Diamond" actor last year. "I'm not with anyone at the moment," she told the site. "It's just my kids and their two dads, I guess."
Kimora added that she finds dating especially hard because men are often intimidated by her successful career. "They have a lot of insecurities about who we are, what we have, what we look like, what we've accomplished and what we're capable of because we're fabulous and capable of doing so much and juggling so much every day," the model said. "People might be mad I'm saying this, but [men] do have a lot of hang-ups. But that shouldn't deter you ladies from being great! You don't have to dumb down -- you just have to find a clever, good, secure man. I've found a couple -- I've been lucky -- but it's probably hard for everybody to find that true love of a good man."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite