Kirstie Alley got Kelly Preston's permission to write about John Travolta
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages / Camilla Morandi/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: SNAP/Rex / Rex USA/.5 of 11
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: CHRISTIAN Z/DAVE V/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Kirstie Alley sought the permission of John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston before telling all about how she fell deeply in love with the "Grease" star in her new memoir.
Alley recently called Travolta, her co-star in 1989's "Look Who's Talking," the "greatest love" of her life during an interview with newswoman Barbara Walters, saying, "Believe me, it took everything that I had, inside, outside, whatever, to not run off and marry John. And be with John for the rest of my life."
The actress, who was wed to Parker Stevenson at the time, opens up about her emotional affair with Travolta in "The Art of Men," and Alley reveals she made sure to get the movie icon and his wife's blessing before going public with her feelings.
She tells Jimmy Kimmel, "John Travolta is and has remained one of my best friends for almost 25 years. ... His wife is my best friend. ... They gave me their blessing, they said write the story. ... I think she's gonna like it. No one's read it yet."
And Alley insists her ex-husband Stevenson will not be surprised by anything he reads in the book.
She adds, "He knew about it then, I told him everything, I told him everything as we went along."
RELATED: Kirstie Alley's changing looks
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite