Kirstie Alley got Kelly Preston's permission to write about John Travolta
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages / Camilla Morandi/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: SNAP/Rex / Rex USA/.5 of 11
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: CHRISTIAN Z/DAVE V/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Cinematography Awards Go to John Bailey TwiceMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:50:00 PM
- Zach Knighton, Isabelle McNally Wrap Unromantic Comedy 'The Big Spoon'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:40:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Newspaper Ending Operations After Just 5 MonthsMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Rocsi Diaz to Leave 'Entertainment Tonight'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:15:00 PM
- Josh Lawson's Sex Comedy 'The Little Death' Acquired by Magnolia PicturesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:07:00 PM
- Cinematography Awards Go to John Bailey Twice
Kirstie Alley sought the permission of John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston before telling all about how she fell deeply in love with the "Grease" star in her new memoir.
Alley recently called Travolta, her co-star in 1989's "Look Who's Talking," the "greatest love" of her life during an interview with newswoman Barbara Walters, saying, "Believe me, it took everything that I had, inside, outside, whatever, to not run off and marry John. And be with John for the rest of my life."
The actress, who was wed to Parker Stevenson at the time, opens up about her emotional affair with Travolta in "The Art of Men," and Alley reveals she made sure to get the movie icon and his wife's blessing before going public with her feelings.
She tells Jimmy Kimmel, "John Travolta is and has remained one of my best friends for almost 25 years. ... His wife is my best friend. ... They gave me their blessing, they said write the story. ... I think she's gonna like it. No one's read it yet."
And Alley insists her ex-husband Stevenson will not be surprised by anything he reads in the book.
She adds, "He knew about it then, I told him everything, I told him everything as we went along."
RELATED: Kirstie Alley's changing looks
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite