Kirstie Alley got Kelly Preston's permission to write about John Travolta
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages / Camilla Morandi/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: SNAP/Rex / Rex USA/.5 of 11
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet6 of 11
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: CHRISTIAN Z/DAVE V/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
Kirstie Alley sought the permission of John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston before telling all about how she fell deeply in love with the "Grease" star in her new memoir.
Alley recently called Travolta, her co-star in 1989's "Look Who's Talking," the "greatest love" of her life during an interview with newswoman Barbara Walters, saying, "Believe me, it took everything that I had, inside, outside, whatever, to not run off and marry John. And be with John for the rest of my life."
The actress, who was wed to Parker Stevenson at the time, opens up about her emotional affair with Travolta in "The Art of Men," and Alley reveals she made sure to get the movie icon and his wife's blessing before going public with her feelings.
She tells Jimmy Kimmel, "John Travolta is and has remained one of my best friends for almost 25 years. ... His wife is my best friend. ... They gave me their blessing, they said write the story. ... I think she's gonna like it. No one's read it yet."
And Alley insists her ex-husband Stevenson will not be surprised by anything he reads in the book.
She adds, "He knew about it then, I told him everything, I told him everything as we went along."
RELATED: Kirstie Alley's changing looks
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite