Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: .7 of 13
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/.9 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Vestron Pictures/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
The truth sometimes hurts, but Kirstie Alley is determined to come clean no matter what.
During the Monday episode of "Entertainment Tonight," the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, 61, dropped a major bombshell on ET's Chris Jacobs.
Although they were both married at the time, Alley reveals that she and Patrick Swayze -- her co-star in 1985's "North and South" -- began an intense emotional relationship while filming together (Alley was still with her second husband, Parker Stevenson, whom she divorced in 1997).
The "Cheers" alum admits that sparks flew between her and Swayze almost immediately. Though they tried their best to keep from "going down that road," ultimately their connection proved too strong -- and the duo fell in love.
"Both of us were married," Alley says, clarifying that the pair did not technically "have an affair."
"But again, I think what we did was worse," she explains. "Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you're married, you jeopardize your own marriage and their marriage. It's doubly bad."
During her sit-down with Jacobs, Alley says she is still friends with Patrick's wife, Lisa Niemi, but that she's not sure if Niemi, who asked Alley to speak at Swayze's 2009 funeral, knows about their relationship.
It seems Alley has a history of falling for her co-stars: earlier this week, Alley also told Barbara Walters that John Travolta was "the greatest love of my life," and that she fought the urge to "run off and marry John" while the two worked together on the set of 1989's "Look Who's Talking."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite