Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: .7 of 13
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/.9 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Vestron Pictures/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
The truth sometimes hurts, but Kirstie Alley is determined to come clean no matter what.
During the Monday episode of "Entertainment Tonight," the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, 61, dropped a major bombshell on ET's Chris Jacobs.
Although they were both married at the time, Alley reveals that she and Patrick Swayze -- her co-star in 1985's "North and South" -- began an intense emotional relationship while filming together (Alley was still with her second husband, Parker Stevenson, whom she divorced in 1997).
The "Cheers" alum admits that sparks flew between her and Swayze almost immediately. Though they tried their best to keep from "going down that road," ultimately their connection proved too strong -- and the duo fell in love.
"Both of us were married," Alley says, clarifying that the pair did not technically "have an affair."
"But again, I think what we did was worse," she explains. "Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you're married, you jeopardize your own marriage and their marriage. It's doubly bad."
During her sit-down with Jacobs, Alley says she is still friends with Patrick's wife, Lisa Niemi, but that she's not sure if Niemi, who asked Alley to speak at Swayze's 2009 funeral, knows about their relationship.
It seems Alley has a history of falling for her co-stars: earlier this week, Alley also told Barbara Walters that John Travolta was "the greatest love of my life," and that she fought the urge to "run off and marry John" while the two worked together on the set of 1989's "Look Who's Talking."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite