Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: .7 of 13
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/.9 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Vestron Pictures/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
The truth sometimes hurts, but Kirstie Alley is determined to come clean no matter what.
During the Monday episode of "Entertainment Tonight," the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, 61, dropped a major bombshell on ET's Chris Jacobs.
Although they were both married at the time, Alley reveals that she and Patrick Swayze -- her co-star in 1985's "North and South" -- began an intense emotional relationship while filming together (Alley was still with her second husband, Parker Stevenson, whom she divorced in 1997).
The "Cheers" alum admits that sparks flew between her and Swayze almost immediately. Though they tried their best to keep from "going down that road," ultimately their connection proved too strong -- and the duo fell in love.
"Both of us were married," Alley says, clarifying that the pair did not technically "have an affair."
"But again, I think what we did was worse," she explains. "Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you're married, you jeopardize your own marriage and their marriage. It's doubly bad."
During her sit-down with Jacobs, Alley says she is still friends with Patrick's wife, Lisa Niemi, but that she's not sure if Niemi, who asked Alley to speak at Swayze's 2009 funeral, knows about their relationship.
It seems Alley has a history of falling for her co-stars: earlier this week, Alley also told Barbara Walters that John Travolta was "the greatest love of my life," and that she fought the urge to "run off and marry John" while the two worked together on the set of 1989's "Look Who's Talking."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite