Report: Kirstie Alley slams Leah Remini after Scientology exit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: CHRISTIAN Z/DAVE V/Bauer-Griffin4 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.5 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 10 Things You Missed at SXSW: Leslie Bibb Is Writing a Movie, Robert Duvall Needs Money and EveryoneMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army VetsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:02:00 PM
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:00:00 PM
- George Zimmerman's Parents Sue Roseanne Barr, Say She Sent 'Lynch Mob' AfMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:53:00 PM
- 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke in Talks for Lead in 'Me & Earl &MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM
- 10 Things You Missed at SXSW: Leslie Bibb Is Writing a Movie, Robert Duvall Needs Money and Everyone
Did Kirstie Alley lash out at Leah Remini for criticizing -- and leaving --the Church of Scientology? A longtime member of the talked-about religion alongside the likes of John Travolta, Tom Cruise and others, the Emmy-winning actress, 62, lashed out at someone, anyway, via Twitter on July 10. As first observed on Tony Ortega's blog about Scientology, the "Veronica's Closet" star sniped, "When faced w malicious gossip I take a moment to experience the loss of a person I thought was my friend . . Then I say f--- em . . . : ) #Rise" She added cryptically, "The sweetest poison is often served with a smile ... beware syrup."
The very next morning, the New York Post's Page Six reported an explosive story that fellow Scientologist Remini, 43, had made a "dramatic exit" from the church, allegedly after years of "interrogations" and "thought modifications." The paper claimed that the "King of Queens" actress had questioned church leader David Miscavige and the "validity of the excommunication of people," among other criticisms.
Ortega's blog, which also first reported Remini's exit, claimed that Alley was "livid" at Remini and the public relations disaster her departure created for the church.
For her part, Alley hinted on Sunday -- after Ortega's blog ran -- that her tweets were misunderstood. "you're so vain..You probably think my tweets are about you ..don't you don't you don't you ? .....they're not," she tweeted. On Monday, she added, "Don't believe everything you read ...in fact don't believe anything you read..even better, just stop reading."
Remini confirmed her departure from the church in a statement to Us late Thursday: "I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and from fans around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support."
Of Page Six's story, a rep for the Church of Scientology told Us: "The church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual church member."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite