Report: Kirstie Alley slams Leah Remini after Scientology exit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: CHRISTIAN Z/DAVE V/Bauer-Griffin4 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.5 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Did Kirstie Alley lash out at Leah Remini for criticizing -- and leaving --the Church of Scientology? A longtime member of the talked-about religion alongside the likes of John Travolta, Tom Cruise and others, the Emmy-winning actress, 62, lashed out at someone, anyway, via Twitter on July 10. As first observed on Tony Ortega's blog about Scientology, the "Veronica's Closet" star sniped, "When faced w malicious gossip I take a moment to experience the loss of a person I thought was my friend . . Then I say f--- em . . . : ) #Rise" She added cryptically, "The sweetest poison is often served with a smile ... beware syrup."
The very next morning, the New York Post's Page Six reported an explosive story that fellow Scientologist Remini, 43, had made a "dramatic exit" from the church, allegedly after years of "interrogations" and "thought modifications." The paper claimed that the "King of Queens" actress had questioned church leader David Miscavige and the "validity of the excommunication of people," among other criticisms.
Ortega's blog, which also first reported Remini's exit, claimed that Alley was "livid" at Remini and the public relations disaster her departure created for the church.
For her part, Alley hinted on Sunday -- after Ortega's blog ran -- that her tweets were misunderstood. "you're so vain..You probably think my tweets are about you ..don't you don't you don't you ? .....they're not," she tweeted. On Monday, she added, "Don't believe everything you read ...in fact don't believe anything you read..even better, just stop reading."
Remini confirmed her departure from the church in a statement to Us late Thursday: "I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and from fans around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support."
Of Page Six's story, a rep for the Church of Scientology told Us: "The church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual church member."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite