Kourtney Kardashian slams 'ridiculous lies' about Scott Disick paternity suit
- Photo: Brett Kaffee/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 15
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: RD/Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: Brian Prahl/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News5 of 15
- Photo: Splash News6 of 15
- Photo: WENN7 of 15
- Photo: Ryan/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: ALBERT Ferreira and Michael Simon/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 15
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet12 of 15
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet13 of 15
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Kourtney Kardashian's paternity nightmare is over. The reality star and mom to Mason, 3, and Penelope, 13 months, is once and for all putting an end to speculation about her son's genetic line, telling Us Weekly in a statement she can prove that her boyfriend of seven years, Scott Disick, is definitely Mason's dad.
"After three-and-a-half years of rumors and lies being spread by an individual I met briefly at a photo shoot, I am setting the record straight that Scott is Mason's father," Kourtney said on Thursday. "While it saddens me to have to address these ridiculous lies -- especially when the truth was never in doubt -- this story must be put to rest."
The story, according to TMZ, first came to light when male model Michael Girgenti filed legal documents claiming that he was the biological father of Kourtney's son. Girgenti claimed he had unprotected sex with the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star in 2009, after meeting her at a photo shoot in 2008.
Per TMZ, Girgenti believed that Mason -- born nine months after their alleged encounter -- bore a striking resemblance to him. He reportedly tried to contact his alleged former fling; when that failed, he went to L.A. County Superior Court to request a paternity test and joint custody of the 3-year-old little boy.
"This individual has been selling false and fabricated stories to the tabloids for years about Kourtney Kardashian and her son, Mason. Scott Disick is Mason's father," Kourtney's attorney, Todd Wilson, told TMZ after the allegations surfaced on Aug. 9. "His claims are absurd and this is simply another shameful attempt to gain publicity and profit from fictional stories about my client."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite