Kris Humphries auctioning off Kim Kardashian's giant engagement ring
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: NBC/Promotional6 of 13
- Photo: Paul Battaglia/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DHJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Tracking for $60 Million OpeningMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Cameron Diaz, Jeff Bridges and Jim Parsons Topline as 2014 ESPYs PresentersMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:32:00 AM
- Flavor Flav faces possible NY indictmentMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:10:55 AM
- 'Happyland' Raises Lots of Incest QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Ana Ortiz is proud of her TV show, 'Devious Maids'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:05:23 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Tracking for $60 Million Opening
You can't buy love, but you can buy the material possessions that are left behind when that love disappears. Three months after finalizing their divorce -- and almost two years after their initial split -- Kim Kardashian's ex-husband Kris Humphries is auctioning off one of the last remnants of the couple's 72-day marriage: her 20-carat diamond engagement ring.
The NBA player has apparently listed the ring for an Oct. 15 sale at Christie's auction house in New York City. Humphries is not named explicitly as the seller, but according to RumorFix, which first reported the news, the ring in question is identical to the one Kardashian wore during her brief engagement and marriage to the athlete.
A rep for Christie's confirmed to the site that the bauble up for auction is a Lorraine Schwartz creation with a 16.21-carat center diamond and two 1.80-carat side diamonds -- the exact dimensions of Kardashian's ring. The auction house could not disclose the seller's name but said it was "a gentleman."
"It is 100 percent the same ring," a source close to the reality star and new mom, 32, tells Us Weekly. "Kim has been waiting for the day he would auction it. Everyone always asked what Kim did with the ring -- she silently gave it back over a year ago! And Kris waited until the divorce was final to sell it."
The ring is expected to fetch between $300,000 and $500,000 at auction, RumorFix notes -- significantly less than the $2 million it was reported to be worth when Humphries popped the question in May 2011.
"The ring is definitely not worth $2 million, not even half of that," the source tells Us, noting that Kardashian paid for the gem herself.
In any case, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star now has something she values much more -- a daughter, North, with boyfriend Kanye West. She and the rapper welcomed their first child in June.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite