Kris Humphries auctioning off Kim Kardashian's giant engagement ring
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA3 of 13
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: NBC/Promotional6 of 13
- Photo: Paul Battaglia/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DHJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After StandinMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Extant Exclusive: Louis Gossett Jr. to Play Halle Berry's FatherMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- 'Believe' Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth VaderMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:18:00 PM
- 12 Years a Slave Screenwriter "Regrets" Not Thanking Director Amid FeudMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:17:00 PM
- Quentin Tarantino vs. Gawker: Blog Seeks Dismissal, Says 'Hateful Eight' Link Was MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After Standin
You can't buy love, but you can buy the material possessions that are left behind when that love disappears. Three months after finalizing their divorce -- and almost two years after their initial split -- Kim Kardashian's ex-husband Kris Humphries is auctioning off one of the last remnants of the couple's 72-day marriage: her 20-carat diamond engagement ring.
The NBA player has apparently listed the ring for an Oct. 15 sale at Christie's auction house in New York City. Humphries is not named explicitly as the seller, but according to RumorFix, which first reported the news, the ring in question is identical to the one Kardashian wore during her brief engagement and marriage to the athlete.
A rep for Christie's confirmed to the site that the bauble up for auction is a Lorraine Schwartz creation with a 16.21-carat center diamond and two 1.80-carat side diamonds -- the exact dimensions of Kardashian's ring. The auction house could not disclose the seller's name but said it was "a gentleman."
"It is 100 percent the same ring," a source close to the reality star and new mom, 32, tells Us Weekly. "Kim has been waiting for the day he would auction it. Everyone always asked what Kim did with the ring -- she silently gave it back over a year ago! And Kris waited until the divorce was final to sell it."
The ring is expected to fetch between $300,000 and $500,000 at auction, RumorFix notes -- significantly less than the $2 million it was reported to be worth when Humphries popped the question in May 2011.
"The ring is definitely not worth $2 million, not even half of that," the source tells Us, noting that Kardashian paid for the gem herself.
In any case, the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star now has something she values much more -- a daughter, North, with boyfriend Kanye West. She and the rapper welcomed their first child in June.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite