Source: Kris Humphries Insulted, Belittled Kim Kardashian
- Photo: INB/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: DS7/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 20
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: JM5/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks9 of 20
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Invision/AP10 of 20
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.14 of 20
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.15 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: BT1/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com//.18 of 20
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Kim Kardashian has been raked over the coals in the court of public opinion ever since she filed for divorce from Kris Humphries on Oct. 31.
But the real villain in the 72-day marriage, pals tell the new Us Weekly, was out-of-work NBA star Kris Humphries, 26.
After lavishly tying the knot Aug. 20, Kardashian's hubby soaked up the perks of being married to one of the most successful reality stars ever by staying out late at clubs in New York and Los Angeles, demanding free bottle service and more wherever he went.
Even worse? He could be downright cruel to Kardashian, 31. "He belittled her in front of people," one insider tells Us. "He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening."
The source adds that Humphries resented his wife's fame and fortune. "He tried to control Kim by bringing her down. ... He would say truly terrible things. One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
He even took exception to her infamous posterior, calling her "fat a--," the source says.
And when Kardashian, who rarely drinks and tends to go to bed early, asked her man to skip the nights out in favor of quality time, "He would tell her she was acting like too much of a wife and 'get over it,'" another insider says.
For much more on why Humphries was the husband from hell -- he "picked fights" and bullied her closest friends, was caught "scoping out" other women at clubs and more -- pick up the new Us Weekly, out Wednesday.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite