Kris Humphries 'Couldn't Catch a Break' Under Kardashian Microscope, Says Pal
- Photo: POA/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Andy King/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: POA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: JE1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: INB/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
By Jon Warech
The Internet practically exploded today when word spread that Kim Kardashian had filed for divorce from NBA star Kris Humphries. But, on the other end of the reality star's breakup is a guy who clearly didn't see this coming.
"We were all surprised," says Adam Sosnick, who was a groomsman at the televised wedding this summer. "I did not see this coming."
Despite every moment of their lives being caught on film, Sosnick said he thought things were relatively normal for the couple.
"They had a good time in Las Vegas for her birthday just last week," he said. "Everything was normal then."
For those who think the marriage was just a tabloid sham in order to add more money and fame to the Kardashian empire, think again. Sosnick doesn't believe his friend would ever be a part of something like that.
"If this was all an act, they had me fooled," he said. "He's from a good family and was raised to value marriage. He wouldn't just fake it."
The reason Sosnick was so surprised by the split was because he was with Kris in Miami recently and partying at LIV Nightclub on South Beach. After an innocent night out, Sosnick woke up to read a bunch of false stories the next day so he figured the divorce rumors must be false too.
"It was a guy's night out at LIV," he said. "There was no cheating or anything similar to what the gossip columns were writing. That's why I thought it was all just rumors. He would never do that. His friends would never let him."
While he did feel like it was a relationship that would last, Sosnick does see how it wasn't exactly the easiest road for the couple.
"He's a guy who's been living on his own for a while," he said. "Last month, for example, he was staying in a three-bedroom suite at the Gansevoort in New York with him and Kim in one room, Kourtney and Scott in another and the baby in the third room. The cameras are rolling the whole time. They were just married. That's not how he wanted it. He couldn't catch a break."
Sosnick doesn't know what will happen next, but he says no one should be placing blame on anyone, especially Kris.
"He was frustrated by the filming, but he was willing to work on it," he said. "He's a good guy. If you get in a fight you get counseling or work it out. You don't just get a divorce. That's not his style."
In a statement released to Wonderwall through his publicist, Kris echoes Sosnick, and says it may not be over.
"I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce," he said. "I'm committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it work."
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite