- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com1 of 9
- Photo: YOGI/GSI2 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America5 of 9
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
Oh, what's in a name? While promoting her eponymous talk show on "The View" on June 25, Kris Jenner was asked how she felt about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West deciding to call their newborn daughter North West. "There's been a lot of controversy," said moderator Barbara Walters. "I mean, it's funny, but do you really want your child named North West, and would you have preferred it have been a K? Grandma, I know it's their decision, but how do you feel about them naming their little girl North?"
Jenner, 57, replied, "I love the name North. I'm pro-North, absolutely. The way [Kim] explained it to me, north means highest power, and North is their highest point together. I thought that was really sweet."
The talk show host and E! reality star added that most people don't refer to one another by their full names. "You don't walk around calling somebody, 'Hi, North West!'" she laughed. (Sources tell Us Weekly that the new parents have nicknamed their daughter Nori.)
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, are too busy tending to their little girl to pay attention to the naming controversy. "Kanye feels he's already deeply changed after having the baby," a source reveals in Us Weekly's July 1 issue. "He's so in love with her and Kim right now."
A source close to the new mom adds, "Kanye has so much love for his daughter. He is so doting and has held her since the second she was born. I don't think he has slept a wink. He just wants to keep checking on Kim and the baby."
Though the rapper dropped his latest album, "Yeezus," on June 18 -- three days after North's premature arrival -- the source insists that "all he wants is to be there for Kim now."
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Ke$ha's worst fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite