- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com1 of 9
- Photo: YOGI/GSI2 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America5 of 9
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader IssuesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:34:00 AM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Death: Say Goodbye toMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM
- Black TV Producer Wrongly Detained in Beverly Hills Says 'Ferguson Resonated In My Mind&MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 11:09:00 PM
- Emmys 2014: TheWrap's Complete CoverageMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:51:00 PM
- The 6 Best Moments From The 'Chelsea Lately' Series FinaleMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:49:00 PM
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader Issues
Oh, what's in a name? While promoting her eponymous talk show on "The View" on June 25, Kris Jenner was asked how she felt about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West deciding to call their newborn daughter North West. "There's been a lot of controversy," said moderator Barbara Walters. "I mean, it's funny, but do you really want your child named North West, and would you have preferred it have been a K? Grandma, I know it's their decision, but how do you feel about them naming their little girl North?"
Jenner, 57, replied, "I love the name North. I'm pro-North, absolutely. The way [Kim] explained it to me, north means highest power, and North is their highest point together. I thought that was really sweet."
The talk show host and E! reality star added that most people don't refer to one another by their full names. "You don't walk around calling somebody, 'Hi, North West!'" she laughed. (Sources tell Us Weekly that the new parents have nicknamed their daughter Nori.)
Kardashian, 32, and West, 35, are too busy tending to their little girl to pay attention to the naming controversy. "Kanye feels he's already deeply changed after having the baby," a source reveals in Us Weekly's July 1 issue. "He's so in love with her and Kim right now."
A source close to the new mom adds, "Kanye has so much love for his daughter. He is so doting and has held her since the second she was born. I don't think he has slept a wink. He just wants to keep checking on Kim and the baby."
Though the rapper dropped his latest album, "Yeezus," on June 18 -- three days after North's premature arrival -- the source insists that "all he wants is to be there for Kim now."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite